FAQs and Terms and Conditions
The Terms & Conditions of the Prophet's Chamber are designed to provide you with great service, and to ensure our properties stay in great condition so you’ll want to come back again and again!
LENGTH OF STAY:
The Prophet's Chamber property may be reserved for 3 (minimum) to 7 (maximum) day stays throughout the year. Weekly rentals are Saturday-Saturday.
Each guest is limited to one stay per calendar year.
The Prophet's Chamber properties all belong to Don Nordin Ministries, Inc. The furnishings will reflect our personal taste. You will be provided:
• Bed Linens
• Bath Towels (Bring your own beach towels!)
• Dishwashing soaps, laundry detergent, trash bags and a start up supply of paper products and bath soaps.
• Kitchens have silverware, dishes, pots & pans, small appliances including toasters, blenders and coffee makers (don’t forget to put coffee filters on your grocery list).
A confirmation listing arrival and departure dates, and property information will be emailed to you upon acceptance of your reservation request. Please contact us immediately by phone (713.254.3071 or 713.254.3131) or email us if any corrections are necessary; otherwise, it will be assumed correct.
CANCELLATIONS & CHANGES:
It is never fun to have to change your plans but if you have to, please give us advance notice.
• WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to refuse or to discontinue occupancy if, in our judgment, your occupancy is detrimental to the property. Property may not be used for any unlawful purpose.
• We reserve the right to enter the premises at any time for the purpose of inspection or repair.
• By staying at this property you are assuming all risk of and liability for any damage done to person or property, agents, employees or visitors occasioned by the present or future condition of the premises both latent and manifest. Neither Don Nordin Ministries, Inc nor Don or Susan Nordin will be responsible for accidents or injury to guest or loss of money or valuables of any kind.
Violations of occupancy restrictions are grounds for IMMEDIATE EVICTION.
• The listed “LIMIT” number (8) indicates the maximum number of occupants including children allowed in a property at any one time.
• WE RESERVE THE RIGHT to require lower occupancy in the case of chaperoned and other groups.
• We are wedding, family reunion and corporate/church retreat friendly. These types of events will be charged a RENTAL fee and must be approved by Don Nordin Ministries, Inc. Events to be held at the property require advance approval and we reserve the right to refuse any if we feel the nature of the event may be detrimental to the property.
• Atmosphere conducive to quiet enjoyment of those in surrounding properties must be maintained at all times.
• All rules and regulations at each property must be strictly observed.
• Minimum age to reserve this property is 25.
NO HOUSE PARTIES ALLOWED
There is NO on-street parking at the Prophet's Chamber, so please plan accordingly. Our 3 bedroom house has room for 4 cars. (you’ll have to leave one at home if you are bringing a boat or jet ski trailer).
We love pets, but NO PETS are allowed on this property. A pet, or any evidence of a pet found on the premises, is cause for eviction and forfeiture of your stay. A cleaning fee of $250 will be charged if evidence of a pet is found after your departure.
It is a violation of local fire codes to grill on a deck or porch. Don’t do it.
It is important to us that the property be maintained in good repair. Maintenance providers may access the property for purposes of repairing previously reported issues, or for routine items such as lawn maintenance. We strive to be as unobtrusive as possible while performing these tasks and appreciate your patience—it is important to you and to us that the property be well maintained.
• Please let us know as soon as possible if a maintenance issue arises. Just
• as might occur at your own well-maintained home, mechanical failures and other breakdowns could occur. Please call us at 713.254.3131—we will make every effort to correct the situation as quickly as possible.
• Working condition of air conditioners, cable, phones, Internet service, TVs,
• VCRs, DVDs, appliances, etc. are NOT guaranteed. These amenities are extras provided for you. We will make every effort to correct the situation during your stay.
DAMAGE: Please report any damage or breakage when it occurs so we can fix or replace items as soon as possible.
• Some things break or need repair or replacement due to normal wear and tear or factors out of your control. Please let us know about those items so we can take care of them. We want to keep things in good condition.
• We understand accidents happen. We ask that you let us know about them. Unreported new damages found upon your departure will be billed and full payment for repairs will be collected via credit card.
• Burns of any kind (furniture including deck furniture, carpets, counters, etc) will be considered fully your responsibility.
• Missing items are considered damage. Please do feel free to leave a book you have finished to add to our library. Please leave our games, decorations, pillows and bed linens. Removing makeup with towels, washcloths, etc. may cause stains that cannot be removed. Just like at home, we do not have extra pillowcases that match our sheet sets if one is taken—we have to purchase a new set.
• Any damages to the Prophet’s Chamber during your stay will be repaired and you will be invoiced for the repairs.
• Following receipt of the confirmation email, we will provide key information for check-in. Your access instructions will be emailed.
• Check-in begins at 4:00 p.m. CST.
• We make every effort for the property to be ready for your arrival at that time; however, much of that depends on the courtesy of our guests and the condition in which the property is left. Our housekeeping standards may require extra cleaning time which may delay check-in. We ask for your patience in the unfortunate event this happens on your check-in date. And we ask for your help in ensuring it does not happen to the guests who arrive after you!
• Early Check-In is not available during busy seasons (spring and summer). We encourage you to enjoy our public lakes and local shops, restaurants and attractions if you arrive early. Early check-in MAY be available in other seasons or if the property is empty the week before your arrival. Please ask by email several days in advance of your arrival day.
• Check-out time is 11:00 a.m. CST, AT THE LATEST! If you are leaving significantly earlier, we would love a call the night before to the number on your check-out instructions. Our housekeepers really appreciate having a little extra time to do their work.
• Late check-out is never available on weekly stays or in peak season. Outside of peak season late check-out MAY be available. Please request this in writing several days before check-out. We will accommodate your request if at all possible.
SMOKING OR ALCOHOL USE:
No smoking or alcohol is allowed on the property. Evidence of smoking or alcohol use on the premises will incur a charge of $500, plus any additional damages caused by smoke or burns. Please treat our home as you would like for us to treat yours.
See instructions posted at the property for specifics but here are the general details.
• Leave property reasonably clean and in reasonable order. Please remember that this is a ministry. Please treat our home as you would like us to treat yours. All furniture, decorative items, bedding, dishes, etc should be where it was upon your arrival. If you love our linens, games or decorations, we would be happy to help you find similar items but please do not remove ours!
• Leave kitchen items (dishes, cookware, etc.) cleaned and returned to their proper place.
• Dispose of all trash in proper outside containers.
• Lock all windows and doors.
• Wash all towels possible the night before departure and leave them folded. The morning of departure, please wash and dry any remaining towels. It is fine if the last load is drying when you depart.
• Please leave all used beds unmade.
We have made every effort to ensure that all information printed here is accurate, but cannot be held responsible for errors in printing or changes made in furnishings and appliances. The appearance and amenities of the property may have changed from the photographs as we consistently update the property. Any exception to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing and in advance by Don Nordin Ministries, Inc. management.